About Trades Awards
Trades Awards is an annual event which rewards and recognises tradesmen and trades businesses in North-east Scotland.
The awards are open to any individual or business that comes under the category ‘construction’, which by definition is any individual business involved in the design (internal and external), planning, construction (internal and external), decoration, modification or restoration of a building or structure. They must also have an operating office in the North-East of Scotland.
The Trades Awards judging process
1) Individuals or businesses are invited to submit an application form, describing their business and answering questions that are specific to their chosen category. They are encouraged to use live and recent examples of work, giving photos and references to substantiate their application.
2) The applications are then reviewed by a panel of carefully selected, independent judges, each with knowledge that is relevant to the specific award category that they are judging.
3) The applications are reviewed independently by each judge, and are scored according to set criteria, before coming together as a group to review the scores and agree the finalists within each category.
4) Where appropriate, finalists may be subject to a site visit from an independent judge, to review specific work or projects mentioned in an application.
5) All finalists are invited to a networking lunch, where they will meet those responsible for judging their award category, and discuss their application in more detail in a relaxed setting. This is a mandatory part of the process, and applicants should make every effort to attend.
6) The judges meet for a second time, to discuss the feedback from the site visits and the finalists lunch, before going on to agree the winners of this year’s awards.
7) There is an independent judge available throughout this entire process to help resolve any issues that arise, internally and externally, thus ensuring decisions are made fairly and in line with our terms and conditions.
Trades Awards terms and conditions
1) If you are nominating an organisation other than your own, then the other organisation needs to be made aware and must cooperate in the application process.
2) The Closing Date for entries is 26th February 2018.
3) Applications must be submitted electronically by e-mail to email@example.com
4) The judges’ choice of finalists and winners are absolute and no correspondence will be entered into. Details of the judging process are stated above.
5) If you are entering more than one category, separate application forms should be completed for each submission. Maximum 3 applications per company/individual. Remember that each application will be judged on its specific relevance to each category.
6) Where relevant, finalists may be subject to a site visit and interview from an independent professional, to review work mentioned as part of an application.
7) Where relevant, customers or clients quoted as part of an application, may be contacted to substantiate the quotes.
8) Where relevant, line managers and tutors quoted as part of an application, may be contacted to substantiate the quotes.
9) Any specific references to business activity, employee, turnover or other statistics must relate solely to the operating office in the North-East of Scotland.
10) All applicants agree to exposure through PR should they be finalists or winners. This includes individual names, company names, and images.
11) Finalists may be asked to take part in an interview and photo shoot for promotion of The Trades Awards and for inclusion in subsequent publicity.
12) If any area of an application is unclear, judges reserve the right to request additional information.
13) The organisers reserve the right to withdraw any award category if no satisfactory applications are received.