The Search is on for Top North-East Trades Talent
Now in its fifth successful year, The Trades Awards 2017 launched today. Sponsored by Stewart Milne Group, all disciplines are represented at what has now become the largest awards ceremony for the construction industry in the North-east.
Applicants are encouraged to enter the awards for the chance to be recognised for excellence in their field, as well as demonstrate their skills, passion and commitment to the industry.
With 13 categories covering all aspects of construction, the Trades Awards are open to businesses of all sizes and disciplines from across the industry.
The 2017 Award Categories are:
- Home Improvement, Interior sponsored by Flexistore
- Home Improvement, Exterior
- Excellence in Health & Safety, sponsored by Safety Scotland
- Outstanding Customer Service, sponsored by AD Heating
- Best New Business
- Trades Innovation, sponsored by The Seven Incorporated Trades of Aberdeen
- Apprentice of the Year, sponsored by Scotia Homes
- Young Surveyor of the Year, sponsored by RICS
- Tradesperson of the Year, sponsored by the Evening Express
- Site Manager of the Year, sponsored by CALA Homes
- Best Trades Business, 0-10 Employees, sponsored by Revive The Finish
- Best Trades Business, 11+ Employees, sponsored by Richard Irvin Energy Solutions
- Outstanding Contribution, sponsored by Stewart Milne Group
The Awards are run by creative marketing agency, Mearns & Gill. Michael Wilson, Managing Director of Mearns & Gill said: “Thanks to the incredible continued support from the local trades and construction industry, the Trades Awards is now the largest construction event in the North-east, and continues to be the only event of its kind in Scotland.
“As the Trades Awards enters its fifth year, we are looking forward to discovering the next round of talented tradespeople and businesses, who demonstrate the excellent work that goes on in this area.”
Neil Thomson, Construction Director of Stewart Milne Homes North said: “As a longstanding supporter of the Trades Awards, we see first-hand what the award means to the lucky finalists. The award is not only testament to the outstanding work of companies, and individuals, involved in the construction industry, but also highlights the exciting projects happening in the sector, and the excellent career opportunities on offer as a result of this.”
Free to enter, applicants can submit an entry for a maximum of three categories each. The deadline for submissions is Friday 24th February 2017, and finalists will be announced on Tuesday 28th March 2017. Award entries will be judged by an independent panel of experts, and all finalists will be invited to a meeting to discuss their application in more detail. The winners will be announced at a black tie awards ceremony on Friday 9th June 2017.
To apply, visit www.tradesawards.com to register and download the relevant application forms.
To register an interest in sponsorship, or to book a table at the awards ceremony, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01224 646311.