Trades Awards Extends Entry Deadline Due To Popular Demand
Due to popular demand, outstanding tradespeople and trades businesses of the North East of Scotland still have time to submit their nominations to the prestigious Trades Awards 2014. TradesAdvisor.com, the rated online trades directory behind the awards, today (Wednesday, February 26th, 2014) extends the entry deadline to noon on Friday, March 7th, 2014.
The awards, which give tradespeople the chance to be recognised as best in their field, crowned its inaugural winners in June 2013, is back for 2014 with more categories to showcase the knowledge, experience and integrity of the region’s tradespeople.
Award categories include:
- Home Improvement – Interior sponsored by Simply Self Storage
- Home Improvement – Exterior sponsored by Flexistore
- Tradesperson of the Year (public vote) sponsored by TradesAdvisor
- Contribution to Fifth Sector sponsored by Glencraft
- Health and Safety Initiative of the Year sponsored by Safety Scotland
- Trades Employer of the Year sponsored by Richard Irvin
- Best in Customer Service sponsored by Enterprise Business Centres
- New Business Award sponsored by Dynamic Edge Solutions Ltd
- Apprentice of the Year sponsored by GPH Builders Merchants
- Best use of Innovation sponsored by Eye Candy Graphics
- Best Trades Business, 0-10 employees, sponsored by Federation of Small Business
- Best Trades Business, 11+ employees
- Lifetime Achievement Award – sponsored by R Davidson Painters and Decorators
Darren Ross, Director at TradesAdvisor comments, “Although we have seen a huge rise in the number of entries this year in comparison to last, many companies have come to us and asked for slightly more time to allow them to sharpen up their submissions.
“We are delighted to be in this situation, so have decided to extend the deadline for an extra seven days. We want to give everyone the opportunity to tell us about the great work they do.
“Following the success of our first ever awards ceremony last year, we are delighted to be able to follow up with our second, bigger and better awards ceremony for 2014.
“These awards were set up to recognise and reward these fantastic achievements, showcasing the extraordinary talent, service and knowledge the tradespersons of the North-east of Scotland have to offer. Everyone has a story, and its often much more interesting than you might think. Get your final entries in quick!”
It is free to enter the Trades Awards, with each applicant eligible to enter a maximum of four categories each. Finalists will be announced on Friday, April 18th, 2014. Award entries will be judged by an independent panel of experts, and winners will be announced at a lavish awards ceremony on Thursday, June 5th, 2014 at Aberdeen Football Club.
To apply visit www.tradesawards.com to download an application form for each relevant category.
- For further information, or to register an interest in sponsorship opportunities log onto www.tradesawards.com or call 01224 626000.